Tänään on 19.10.2019 22:32 ja nimipäiviään viettävät: Uljas ja Viking. Käytämme EVÄSTEITÄ | MOBIILIVERSIO M.BLOGIVIRTA.FI
Gunsi Vog Blog:

Trump Orders Troops and Weapons to Saudi Arabia in Message of Deterrence to Iran – The New York Times

Julkaistu: · Päivitetty:

WASHINGTON– The United States is sending out about 3,000 additional soldiers to Saudi Arabia in the newest military response by the Trump administration after it implicated Iran of attacks last month on Saudi oil facilities, the Pentagon stated on Friday. The move came just 5 days after President Trump stated that his desire to end America’s “unlimited wars” resulted in his choice to pull back from the border area between Syria and Turkey about 50 soldiers who were working to produce a “safe zone” between Kurdish and turkish troops. State Department officials had a hard time on Friday to address concerns about how the roles of the incoming American forces in the Persian Gulf kingdom and those being pulled back from the Syrian border differed, and whether the deployments to Saudi Arabia opposed the president’s technique of withdrawing from the Middle East. “The troops that we are sending into Saudi and the boosted assets are protective,”stated Brian H. Hook, the State Department’s special representative for Iran. “They are there to protect our interests and to help Saudi safeguard itself.” At the Pentagon, Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper stated he was dispatching two Air Force fighter squadrons, or about four dozen warplanes, along with Patriot antimissile batteries and other air and rocket defenses to the kingdom.”Saudi Arabia is a longstanding security partner in the Middle East, and has asked for additional support to supplement their own defenses,” Mr. Esper told press reporters at the Pentagon, noting that he had actually called Saudi authorities Friday early morning to alert them. In the wake of the drone and rocket strikes, which temporarily crippled about half of Saudi’s oil production, Mr. Trump at first weighed taking direct military action against Iran. The attacks, which Secretary of State Mike Pompeo recently called”an act of war,”rattled worldwide energy markets. For the previous two weeks, however, there has actually been no conversation of taking direct American military action against Iran for the strikes, apart from some factor to consider of in proportion cyber attacks. Last month, Mr. Trump decided for a modest release of a number of hundred soldiers, along with Patriot air and rocket defense systems. Friday’s statement develops on those forces, although the fighter jets essentially will replace warplanes now flying off the provider Abraham Lincoln, which will leave the Gulf of Oman in the coming weeks, military authorities said. In reaction to Iranian attacks and provocations given that May, Mr. Esper stated the Pentagon has actually released about 14,000 additional forces to the gulf area. That includes air-borne early caution aircraft, maritime patrol aircrafts, Patriot air and rocket defense batteries, B-52 bombers, a provider strike group, armed Reaper drones and other engineering and assistance personnel. Since May, a spate of attacks have actually left six oil tankers damaged in the Gulf of Oman, with Washington accusing Tehran of inciting them. Iranian authorities have actually rejected that claim. The downing of an American drone in June by an Iranian surface-to-air missile only heightened stress, triggering Mr. Trump to approve military strikes against Iran– before quickly drawing back. Mr. Esper repeated the administration’s claim– backed by the United Kingdom, France and Germany– that Iran was also behind the attacks on the Saudi oil facilities. “Despite Iran’s attempts to deny their involvement, the proof recuperated up until now shows that Tehran is responsible for these attacks,” Mr. Esper stated, without providing any proof. The Saudis have recovered beautiful circuit boards from among the cruise missiles that disappointed its target, offering forensics professionals the possibility of tracing the rocket’s point of origin, according to a senior American official informed on the intelligence. One theory getting traction among American authorities is that the cruise rockets were introduced from Iran and set to fly around the northern Persian Gulf through Iraqi air area instead of straight across the gulf where the United States has better security. Mr. Hook called the increased military presence part of a growing pressure campaign “to deprive the Iranian program of the money that it requires to destabilize the Middle East and to intimidate other areas of the worlds” and “to bring Iran to the negotiating table.” He argued that Iran’s economy already has actually fallen under economic downturn and could suffer an economic depression. Mr. Hook had a hard time when asked how Mr. Trump squares his abhorrence of sending out soldiers to the Middle East with his choice to boost troop levels in Saudi Arabia. Mr. Hook separated between forces that are actively at war and those that are mostly in peacekeeping or deterrent functions. Mr. Hook prevented stating much about the Turkey decision, which much of his colleagues in the State Department– and lots of Republican lawmakers– considered a major mistake. However he stated that it was Mr. Trump himself who sent Mr. Pompeo to Saudi Arabia after the mid-September attack on its oil facilities “so that we could have this discussion about their defensive needs.” At the Pentagon, Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper said he was dispatching two Air Force fighter squadrons, or about 4 dozen warplanes, as well as Patriot antimissile batteries and other air and missile defenses to the kingdom.”Saudi Arabia is a longstanding security partner in the Middle East, and has actually asked for additional assistance to supplement their own defenses,” Mr. Esper informed reporters at the Pentagon, keeping in mind that he had called Saudi officials Friday morning to alert them. The attacks, which Secretary of State Mike Pompeo recently called”an act of war,”rattled international energy markets. For the previous 2 weeks, nevertheless, there has actually been no discussion of taking direct American military action versus Iran for the strikes, apart from some consideration of proportional cyber attacks. Mr. Hook had a hard time when asked how Mr. Trump squares his abhorrence of sending out soldiers to the Middle East with his choice to strengthen troop levels in Saudi Arabia. from WordPress http://troot.net/trump-orders-troops-and-weapons-to-saudi-arabia-in-message-of-deterrence-to-iran-the-new-york-times/

Avainsanat: irania iran intelligence http group friday france four fly energy economic east drone drawing days cyber circuit campaign by brian boost beatiful attack asked area arabia against address action act across abraham major lincoln leave kingdom it president pentagon patrol oil northern need mr month military mike message markets mark reaper reaction program production pressure press troot.net news york worldwide wordpress who washington war united turkey trump troops theory taking table syria stress straight special some soldiers six september sent security saudi released release


blogivirta.fi